Chocolate: check. Cream cheese: check. Streusel: check. This week we start the Muffin Monday series on holiday muffins. And what a great muffin to start! All the different components you could ask for in a muffin are all here: rich chocolate flavor and creamy cheese topped with crumbly streusel.
Inspired by all the pumpkin recipes this Halloween season, I added some to the cream cheese. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Marble Streusel Muffins
makes 12 muffins
30g (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
72g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
1g (1/4tsp) pumpkin pie spice
28g (2 Tbsp) butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
35g (1/4 cup) cocoa crisp pearls (or chocolate chips)
240g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
120g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
5g (1 tsp) baking soda
2g (1/2 tsp) salt
15g (3 Tbsp) cocoa powder
110g (4 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
122g (1/2 cup) pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, room temperature
125g (1/2 cup) water
80g (1/3 cup) oil
5g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and spice. Add the butter and mix until crumbly. Stir in the cocoa pearls (or chocolate chips). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Remove half a cup (about 80g) and set aside. Whisk in cocoa to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin puree, 1 egg and half cup of flour until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the other egg, water, oil and vanilla. Add to the large bowl of cocoa-flour mixture (from Step 3).
- Spoon cocoa-flour and cream cheese pumpkin mixtures side by side into pans.
- Sprinkle tops with prepared streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or it passes the toothpick test.
wow pumpkin how perfect! i bet these tasted amazing and perfect for Halloween of course :)
LOVE that you added pumpkin! Gorgeous click Caroline! xx
Wow that muffins looks so moist and yummy!
I love how you added pumpkin and how it's peaking in the background in that top photo:) gorgeous muffins!
How appropriate to add pumpkin for Halloween Muffin Monday! Never mixed chocolate & pumpkin. I'm curious now.
Isn't this just delicious? I enjoyed baking this recipe for Halloween. Glad to bake along with you, Caroline! Happy Halloween!
Love these, Caroline! Pumpkin is the PERFECT addition to make these all the more seasonal, and combined with cream cheese and chocolate... oh my. A perfect, delicious trio.
Have a great week!
hmmm dreamy looking. I don't mind breaking my diet (well i think i broke it already today with all the candies that i ate haha) with these cuties.
Great to see you baking Muffin Monday!
looking forward to your next MM post!
I love the addition of pumpkin! How festive :) Hope you had a good Halloween!
wow! you are a genius to add pumpkin in this muffin!
lovely to be baking with you again!
Post a Comment