April 21, 2010

Will Work for Macarons

I got called to work today and will be until Saturday. So I'm off to Pasadena. I don't mind since I will be close to Euro Pane for my macaron fix. :)

So driving all over town doing last-minute shopping. Of course, I had to make a quick stop there. Woohoo, they had all flavors today so got one of each. First up is espresso with bittersweet chocolate ganache (top left with cracks). Now I know why they had the least amount of this kind, it was sooo good, the espresso hits you right away then ganache slowly melts in your mouth which ends with a mocha flavor. My first taste of this flavor, I like!

Next up is Pistachio. Crisp, then chewy, cold buttercream melting away, mmmm.

Third bite: Raspberry. Nice with floral undertones. I wonder if they put a little rosewater in the buttercream, hmm.

Fourth bite: Lavender. Another nice one, not overbearing, doesn't taste like perfume like others I've had.

The best for last? Chocolate and Salted-Caramel. One of my faves, I always get one of these.

(Oy, I need a manicure!)

And yes, I was eating and driving. In the rain. But only took pictures when I was waiting for the traffic light to change. :) Note the second bite off the espresso mac, that might be my fave for now.

On the way home: 25-mile commute took 85 minutes but this rainbow made ride home worth it. Have a great week!

10 comments:

Divina Pe said...

Oh, please don't tempt me. :) Have a great week ahead too.

♥peachkins♥ said...

Can I have one???


blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Tangled Noodle said...

The macarons in the box match the rainbow in the sky! 8-) What a nice treat to make up for having to work until Saturday. I'll take that trade-off for a taste of any of these macs!

The Food Librarian said...

Love the post with the drive shaft next to those beautiful macarons! :) -mary

♥¸¸.•*¨Skip to Malou¨¨*•.¸¸♥¸ said...

next time you drive around and you have this box of macarons with you ... please text me, ill come meet you right away...
thanks for making me feel that i made the right decision to work in LA... I know as you said i should give LA a chance! i hope to see you soon!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

i haven't tried euro pane yet, but i'm dying too! especially after seeing all of these half eaten macarons ;)

trissalicious.com said...

Beautiful post - so full of colour, the macarons, the rainbow! Gorgeous!

A cupcake or two said...

Macarons are just amazing. There is a shop near Trissa and they sell sooooo many macaron flavours. We should make a KCC version of a mac ehehhe.

Elizabeth and Jared said...

I have never attempted macaroons. I see on all these cooking reality shows now that everyone seems to fail at them, so i assume i will too. But i see them on so many blogs and they look magnificent. as do yours! yum. i think i might have to give them a try.

moonglowgardens said...

Ah, macarons. My fascination. Thanks for posting this experience. I try macarons whenever I see them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin