March 30, 2011

Online Bake Sale for Japan


Today I am participating in an Online Bake Sale for Japan organized by Sabrina of Tomato Tart

I will be making Strawberry Polvoron and Green Tea Polvoron. I made them extra cute and shaped them into Hello Kitty, hoping they get lots of bids which means more money raised to give to Second Harvest Japan.


I made Strawberry Polvoron before here. I will be sending a dozen Strawberry and another dozen Matcha Green Tea to the highest bidder. Some will be shaped like Hello Kitty, covered in white candy melts. Also bow-shaped ones, just like the ones Hello Kitty wears. :)


I will also be making my Scrabble Cookies. Delicately crisp Meyer Lemon Sugar Cookies cut to the size of Scrabble letter tiles. I will provide 100 "letter tile" cookies with the accurate letter distribution so you can actually play Scrabble with them, if you like.

Please make sure to check out and bid for Annapet of The Daily Palette Lenguas de Gato.
Also Tina of Pinay in Texas made Food of the Gods.
Jean of Lemons and Anchovies baked Chocolate Chili Bites.

Please log in to Twitter and follow #OnlineBake4Japan and please bid. Thank you.

UPDATE April 5, 2011: The Online Bake Sale raised $8269 -- three times the amount goal we set out! Thank you to everyone; I am very honored to be able to participate in this project. I am eagerly waiting for Sabrina to email me the person(s) that got the winning bid. If that's you, please leave me a comment, I am dying to find out.

4 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

O.M.G. These are so amazing!! Best of luck - you are going to get some crazy competitive bids on these for sure! 8-D

penny aka jeroxie said...

So so adorable!

Jenni said...

This is great--your offerings are so cute, they're sure to command lots of bidding.

Those Scrabble Tiles are great--love them!

allyn said...

these are fantastic, caroline! and for a great cause!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin