August 30, 2008

The Best Bread Pudding Ever! (wink, wink)

So, here's the thing. I made Pan de Sal Pudding with Langka the other day and wanted to take some pictures for this post. It was a nice afternoon, not too hot so decided to take the photo session outside.
This one was taken in front of my garage door; This one on top of my patio table at our back porch;
and this one was taken off the deck.
Little did I know, my youngest son was watching me do all this. He's probably wondering I've gone mad running around our backyard with a plate on one hand and a camera on another. So after following me around for a few minutes, I had him hold the plate while I move the patio furniture. Then he started to wink! The result was the first picture above.
He recently learned how to wink so he would always wink at me when he calls for me. He'd go "Mom, check this out!" and as I turn to see what he wants, he'll start winking at me.
Anyway, before I forget, here's the recipe:

Pan de Sal Pudding with Langka

8-10 pandesal, cut up to 1-inch cubes
6 eggs
pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 12-oz. jar Langka (Jackfruit) in syrup, drained and finely chopped
  1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt. Add heavy cream and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Add vanilla and langka.
  2. Butter a 9" x 13" glass pan and place half of pan de sal cubes. Pour in half of egg mixture over the pan de sal, making sure some langka get poured in. Put in the rest of the pan de sal then pour the rest of the egg mixture.
  3. Cover pan with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator at least 6 hours, or overnight.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic cover and bake for 40-50 minutes or until mixture is set. If a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, it's done.
  5. Let come 5-10 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream, if you like.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

armovil said...

Caroline, Salamat sa pagbisita sa blog ko. Nakakagutom ang mga pictures mo. Mas lalo akong tataba dito sa America.

More power!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin